Football player leads the way for his future

rsz_imgp1172By Staff Writer: Travis Waker

Intelligent young athlete Evan Siemen has established himself as a leader on the Howell High School football team. Not only is he a star football player but he also plays baseball.

“I like football better; it’s more of a team sport. I like being part of a team and you know, helping the team succeed,” says Siemen. Although Siemen loves football, he also enjoys high school baseball. He played outfield and pitcher for the junior varsity team as a sophomore.

Now a junior, Siemen is the star running back on the varsity football team and is so far having a very impressive year. However, it becomes clear he is a team player. Siemen says, “We have a lot of fun, good chemistry between the team. We all get along and take our part help each other out,” says Siemen. He is modest and not willing to talk about his own impressive statistics.

Despite his focus on high school athletics at the present time, Siemen’s plans are much different after high school. “I want to get into law enforcement or forensics or physician’s assistant,” says Siemen.

College is the next step after high school for Siemen, and beyond in crime solving. His passion in the subject is evident from the minute that you begin asking him about his future. However, for now, he’s satisfied and content with being a solid high school athlete and a leader at a young age.

The final thing that Siemen talks about is his love for his football position. Siemen says of his position, “I play running back. I like that I carry the ball and getting around guys, gets me going, adrenaline.”