Senior Survivor: Day 4

Senior Survivor: Day 4

Rachel Cichon, Editor-in-Chief

Team Cunningham and Team La$agna said good-bye Wednesday afternoon when they were officially eliminated and watched their banners fall to the floor.

The remaining survivors would then face one of the most feared of reward challenges: the Food Competition. After student council failed to bring in the expected monkey testicles, they decided to prepare something equally gross.

With two blenders, they concocted a smoothie out of orange juice, horse radish, chocolate milk, ginger, paprika, bleu cheese crumbles, garlic, bologna and a Jimmy Dean breakfast essential bowl.

The survivors, minus Team Acky (who would try the beverage later), lined up to sample the concoction. Team Betz was only able to stomach a sniff of the smoothie.

The student council members gave the survivors 5 minutes to consume as much of the smoothie as they could, not expecting any of them to finish the drink completely. To everyone’s surprise, Team Branflakes drank the entire smoothie in 16 seconds. Team E-Web was the only other survivor to finish, coming in about two seconds too late.

Branflakes still did not know if she had truly won the challenge until hours later, when Team Acky, aware of her time, arrived and took his own drink. However, Acky was unable to finish, and Branflakes was the winner of an undisclosed amount of money from Diana’s bucket.

The Immunity challenge caused difficulties for the survivors. It was a scavenger hunt for puzzle pieces that the survivors earned by following clues to hidden pieces and activities such as donut-eating, pin-the-hairnet-on-the-lunch-lady and cup stacking. Team Acky won, with Branflakes close behind. These two would win Immunity for the night.

A third Immunity was then offered to make up for the chaotic scavenger hunt. A picture of Waldo was hidden on the first floor. The first survivor to find him would win Immunity. It took the survivors some time and even a hint that he was hidden on the cafeteria side. Ultimately, it was Team E-Web who would win the final Immunity.

The female survivors and student council members faced greater struggles that night, when Team 1sht and Team Belcher attempted to annoy and prank them. They spent hours creating an elaborate web around the door of the girl’s room and covered the floor in water-filled solo cups. They then left a blaring megaphone outside of the room and a camera trained on the door.

Thankfully for the girls, Mrs. DiNatale was prepared. She moved outside and easily avoided the obstacles, then hid in the shadows for the boys to return for their camera. When they did, she threw water at them and demanded they return to bed.

Team Acky and Belcher received a bucket of donations from P-Web that turned out to be mainly expired gift cards and foreign money. Equally disappointing, the evening’s male adviser, Mr. Klapper, received an injury, but remained cheerful throughout the night.