HHS production Almost, Maine is almost here

Photo+of+%28from+left+to+right%29%3A+seniors+Dennis+Walker%2C+Katie+Mazzullo%2C+Sarah+Trudeau+and+Natalie+Chandler+

Photo of (from left to right): seniors Dennis Walker, Katie Mazzullo, Sarah Trudeau and Natalie Chandler

Nolan Saylor, Staff Writer

Howell High School’s production of Almost, Maine hits the stage this weekend at the Rod Bushy Performing Arts Center. Performances will be on Fri. Nov. 3 and Sat. Nov. 4 at 7:00 p.m. and a third matinee show at 2:00 p.m. on Sun. Nov. 5. Tickets are available at the door for students for $10 and $12 for adults.

With a cast of 19 students, Almost, Maine follows nine separate love stories.

“It’s all these characters experiencing love, heartbreak, pain, or hope,” senior Natalie Chandler says.

With a multitude of productions already under her belt, Chandler is excited to take on her last high school role as one of the wonderstruck protagonists, Glory.

Steven Bonk, another senior at HHS, will be playing the role of Lendall, a complex character.

“People think love is finding someone and being with them forever but this just shows there’s this wide variety of ways that love can be,” Bonk says.

Though he’s a drama veteran in his own rite, Bonk is most excited to see his best friend, Michael Pelep, share the spotlight with him for the first time.

“He’s always been my number one fan and I’m excited to be able to be his for once,” Bonk says.

Make sure to come support the HHS drama department this weekend.

“There’s a lot of moments that are sort of magical…The unreal parts of the script make the real parts even easier to understand and relate to,” Chandler says.