Students raising money for suicide prevention

2By Staff Writer: Marissa VanDaelen

Due to the recent suicide of a student at Howell High School, some students are reaching out and have constructed a Suicide Prevention/Awareness Fundraiser. The fundraiser will this week.

“It’s a really great idea and I’m so proud of the students for stepping up and coming together,” senior Cassie Bondie says.

Created by senior Aubrey Mimnaugh, the fundraiser was made in hopes of preventing suicide. Mimnaugh has gotten together several other students to help her with the fundraiser as well.

“Annie Bock and Aubrey have worked so hard to pull this all together, it’s inspiring,” Bondie says.

The Suicide Prevention/Awareness Fundraiser sheet allows people to purchase yellow t-shirts with ‘Be The Change’ written on them in black writing. The t-shirts are being sold for ten dollars each. Wrist bands can also be purchased. The bands are yellow with ‘You’re Not Alone’ scripted into them. They are being sold for three dollars each. If you don’t wish to purchase anything but want to donate to the fundraiser, it will be accepted and appreciated.

If paying with a check, make checks out to Howell High School. If a senior, turn the Suicide Prevention/Awareness Fundraiser sheet and/or check into Aubrey Mimnaugh, Cassie Bondie, or Emily Mazzullo. If a junior, turn into Tori Zilch, Hannah Runion, or Megan Bigliardi. If a sophomore, turn into Jillian Brennan, Mickey Menzel, or Mindy Holmes. If a freshman, turn into Matthew Mimnaugh. If staff member/parent, turn into HHS Main Office.

“It means the world to a lot of people and we are so happy to be working with the students of Howell High,” Bondie says.