Senior year memories reside heavily in the yearbook

UnknownBy Staff Writer: Rachel Brauer

Kings of the school, top of the food chain; however you put it, senior year of high school isn’t a time any teenager should take lightly.  It’s the last year of freedom before the inevitable transition into adulthood. Howell High School offers an opportunity for seniors to look back on their fond memories of high school through The Torch, the 85 year-running yearbook.

The HHS yearbook staff does their best to capture the year, but they need student participation also. Senior pictures are to be a formal head and shoulders shot, and are due by November 9. They are to be submitted digitally to [email protected]. Senior yearbook pictures can be taken at the school by Ms. Rose O’Reilly, the yearbook supervisor, every Tuesday through the end of November, and the morning of October 23, as well as November 6, 13, and 20.

Senior baby pictures can be submitted until November 12. They must be under two-years-old.

To purchase a yearbook or an ad, go to yearbookforever.com, or mail order forms can be found in the main office. Yearbooks are currently $65 (plus tax) but prices will increase after November 9. Any questions about ad sales can be answered in H-17.

Danielle Campbell, the editor in chief of the yearbook this year, has been in the yearbook class for 3 years.

“[Senior year is the] year for making memories, and you don’t want to be left out of anything,” says Campbell.