Howell students fundraising trip to Puerto Rico

By Staff Writer: Logan Tesmer

The Howell High School Spanish Club is raising money for a trip to Puerto Rico. The trip will cost each student around $2000, which is only because Spanish teacher, Mr. Duane Millar, is paying for all the students’ meals.

At the Buffalo Wild Wings in Howell (900 S. Latson Rd.) on March 1, all lunch and dinner orders are 20% off accompanied by a flier. You can get them from Mr. Millar or the students attending the trip which include Rachel Cichon and Maddie Rhoades.

On this trip the students will be spending their time in the capital city of San Juan. The students will go on a ten mile hike that will lead them to a waterfall. They will also get to go to the Bioluminescent Bay, which is a body of water that illuminates the objects that are in it. While they are in San Juan, they get to help around and do community work through the church that Mr. Millar was actually baptized in.

“We are five students who enjoy Spanish and are excited to experience the culture of Puerto Rico,” says junior Rachel Cichon.

The best part about this trip is the students have been sitting down and organizing the entire trip with Mr. Millar, the trip isn’t just pre-planned by him.

This is a great opportunity for all the students going on the trip. It’s a chance to learn a lot about the Spanish culture and they would really appreciate everyone taking part in helping them raise enough money.

“That Buffalo Wild Wings fundraiser, go with you and your 60 closest friends. Seriously, 60, no less,” says Maddie Rhoades, one of the students going on the trip.