School club helps creates brighter future for students

A photo from The Interact Club Facebook page

By Staff Writer: Rachel Brauer

Interact Club does their best to provide the students of Howell High School and their surrounding community with a helping hand. With the future looming over high schoolers, deciding what college would be the best with their career of choice in mind is very stressful. To make the journey a little easier, the club took the initiative to have students fill out a survey in their first hour stating their most desired field. Using the most accumulative answer, medicine, the opportunity was created for these interested students to find out first hand more about this field.

On Wednesday, February 26, the Interact Club is teaming up with the Howell Education Foundation’s member, Mr. John Harvey, to make this day happen. This event will take place during 5th hour in Lecture One and permission slips will be located in the main office a couple of weeks before, which will need the participant’s 5th hour teacher and a parent’s signature in order to attend. An assortment of people from the medical field in the local area will be participating, including chiropractors, EMT’s, and different doctors.

The Howell Education Foundation has been operating since 2003 and has invested over 80 thousand dollars towards different programs and advancements for students to ensure a quality education.

Interact Club’s treasurer, junior Alex Adle, comments on the importance of this event.

“Even if you’re not interested in medicine, it would be great to talk to some people about the work and time it actually takes to get an idea,” says Adle.