AP Testing registration available to students

By News Editor: Kayla McClain

As students may already know, those enrolled in an AP course must register on the AP Exam Order Form to take the final test in order to receive the college credit. That being said, registration is available and will run through March. Each test is $89, and the official deadline date to order AP exams is Friday, March 28, 2014.

“If students need any financial need [for the test], contact me,” guidance counselor, Ms. Debra Solowczuk, says.

After registration, the exam dates are May 5 through May 16 at Parker Middle School located in the LCC campus. In order to prepare, Ms. Solowczuk formed a ‘bubbling’ session so the testing time won’t take as long as it has in the past.

“There will be a large group bubbling session this year, which will be on April 22 with make-ups on the 24 [of April],” Ms. Solowczuk says. “So, the whole class will come down to speed up the process.”

The rest of the testing is left to the students to make sure they study. Ms. Solowczuk gives her best advice in order for students to do their best.

“Students should really give it their best effort because even getting a three on some tests will count towards college credit,” Ms. Soloczuk says. “I would suggest that students study early, and if they have any questions, check with their AP teachers.”