Home Sweet Home project benefits needy families

Jordan Pudvay, Social Media Editor

Did you know that there are 480 families living in Livingston County that count as at-risk families? At-risk families are those who don’t have a stable home or the living materials needed for everyday life. LESA has a current program called Livingston Education Project that collects items for children in need but the program is running low. The National Honor Society president, Ashley Quick-Drossart, is in charge of a new project in some Howell Public Schools after initiating her desire to change her community.

The project, called Home Sweet Home Project, started Dec. 5th and goes through Dec. 12th and will collect warm winter clothing that can be second hand, any size socks, any type of school supplies, and hygiene items. It is run by NHS and there are six total schools participating in this project that include Howell High School, the Freshman Campus, Highlander Way Middle School, Three Fires Elementary, Challenger Elementary, and Hutchings Elementary. If you would like to donate to the cause, there will be boxes in the six schools’ main office. “It’s important because this is something that is helping kids in kindergarten all the way up to 12th grade,” Quick-Drossart says, “The school should get involved because it’s a really good cause and it’s really helping the local community.”